May 8, 2007

Opening Prayer to the Blessed Sacrament





My Lord Jesus Christ, * it is Thy great love for men * that keeps Thee day and night in this Sacrament, * full of pity and love, * expecting, * inviting, * and welcoming all who visit Thee. * I believe Thou art * really present * in the Sacrament of the Altar. * From the depth of my nothingness, * I adore Thee; * and I thank Thee * for the many graces Thou hast given me, * especially * for the gift of Thyself in this Sacrament, * for the gift of Thy most holy Mother as my intercessor, * and for the privilege * of visiting Thee in this Chapel.*
I now speak to Thy most loving Heart * with a three-fold intention: * to thank Thee for the great gift of Thyself; * to atone for all the insults * which Thy enemies heap upon Thee in this Sacrament; * and to adore Thee * wherever Thy Eucharistic Presence * is dishonored or forgotten. * My Jesus, * I love Thee with my whole heart. * I am very sorry for my ingratitude * to Thy infinite goodness. * I now resolve, * with the help of Thy grace, * never to offend Thee again. * And, sinful as I am, * I consecrate to Thee * my entire self, * my whole will, * my affections, * my desires, * and all that I have. * From now on, * do with me and mine * as Thou pleasest. * I ask for and desire only Thy love, * final perseverance, * and the grace always to do Thy holy will. *
I intercede with Thee for the souls in purgatory, * especially for those * who were most devoted to the Blessed Sacrament, * and to Thy most holy Mother. * recommend to Thee also, * all poor sinners. * And lastly, * my dear Savior, * I unite all my desires * with the desires of Thy most loving Heart. * Thus united, * I present them to Thy Eternal Father, * and beg Him in Thy Name * and for love of Thee, * to hear and answer them. *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my posts and to comment on them. God Bless!